Content of the material
- How Do Online Survey Sites Work?
- How Much Money Can You Make from Surveys?
- What type of paid online surveys can I take?
- Chegg India: Providing easy earning opportunities
- Tips for Earning the Most Money from an Online Survey Site
- What Rewards Can I Earn Doing Surveys?
- Cash for Taking Surveys
- Surveys for Gift Cards
- Non-profit Donations for Taking Surveys
- How to make maximum profits by filling online surveys?
- How much will I get paid to take surveys?
- Frequently Asked Questions About Online Surveys
- Do survey sites offer other ways to earn money besides surveys?
- How will I be paid for taking an online survey?
- Will I be paid after each survey I take?
- How does a survey site earn money?
- What do I need to start taking surveys?
- How can I maximize my earnings on paid survey sites?
- How long do online surveys take to complete?
- What types of surveys for money can I take?
- Are paid survey sites worth my time?
- When to Avoid a Survey Site
- Your rewards
- Are Paid Surveys Worth It?
How Do Online Survey Sites Work?
It’s simple! You’ll take a few minutes to complete brief surveys or polls from your computer, tablet, or smartphone. All you need to do is share your honest thoughts and opinions about different brands, services, and products. Branded Surveys then rewards you with real cash and gift cards for completing these easy tasks. In fact, we’ve been on the scene since 2012 and have already paid our users over $20 million!1
Create your profile2
Share your opinion
3 Collect your rewards
How Much Money Can You Make from Surveys?
Surveys won’t net you a significant income or make you financially independent.
The reality is they’re good for accumulating some extra spending money you can use for a monthly dinner out, your weekly coffee runs, or a savings account you grow over time. Another strategy is to use online surveys to save enough to pay off a debt like a credit card.
The payment for online surveys varies from company to company, and some reward you with points or coupons rather than cash.
How much you can earn also depends on how much time you can invest. According to one Reddit thread that asked survey-takers how much they earn, answers ranged from $10 per month all the way up to $300 per month.
Your earnings also hinge on how much data you’re willing to provide. Some surveys ask for a significant amount of personal information, including address, birth date, health history, and home ownership. This is because companies want to know if you fit their target demographic before inviting you to participate in a survey.
At the end of the day, filling out an online survey can be an easy way to earn some extra money, especially if you’re someone who already spends a lot of time online. If you can answer a few questions instead of checking Facebook or scrolling through Twitter, it might be time well spent.Bonus: Ready to ditch debt, save money, and build real wealth? Download our FREE Ultimate Guide to Personal Finance.
What type of paid online surveys can I take?
There are lots of different kinds of paid survey sites. Examples include Advertising effectiveness surveys, Brand recognition surveys, Product appeal surveys, Surveys about services. The volume of available surveys will depend on the type of focus groups market research companies would like to research for. There are opportunities to get your hands on free product for product testing and review.
Chegg India: Providing easy earning opportunities
Chegg India is another E-learning portal that can help you make easy money from home. The website is dedicated to educating students by connecting them to subject matter experts from all over India and the world. It provides online tutoring opportunities to help you generate a part-time income by working from home.
To become a subject matter expert at Chegg, you just have to sign up on the website. After that, you can start answering questions that are posted by students. Consequently, you will be paid money for every correct answer. Moreover, there are many subjects that you can choose from. Some examples are Chemistry, Psychology, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.
How to become a subject matter expert at Chegg?
Step 1: Sign up. Fill in the registration details.
Step 2: Online screening. Online screening refers to the process of undergoing a subject test to verify your knowledge. It also provides you guidelines about the role of a subject matter expert.
Step 3: Verification. After signing up and clearing the subject test, your details are verified. This includes cross-checking your documents and credentials.
Step 4: Answering questions. At last, you finally become a subject matter expert and can start answering questions. Remember, the more correct your answers, the higher your payment.
Tips for Earning the Most Money from an Online Survey Site
Online survey sites won’t make you rich, but there are a few ways you can maximize your earnings when taking surveys for money:
- Fill out your profile. Not only can you usually earn a few welcome points by completing your personal profile when you sign up for a new survey site, but keeping your profile up to date with any life changes will help you get matched with relevant offers.
- Use our calculator to prioritize the highest-paying surveys. Compared to a normal job where you earn a certain rate per hour, taking surveys for money is more obscure. In fact, survey sites will try to distract you from the ultimate goal: making the most money in the least amount of time. They do this by valuing the payouts in points (with unique redemption values) and separating the payout from the time requirement. Taking a few minutes to plug the offers into our calculator and then prioritizing the surveys that pay the most per hour will help you make more money overall.
- Take advantage of free offers. You can sometimes earn points by referring friends, sharing something on social media, signing up for a free newsletter, answering a quick daily poll, or downloading the site’s app.
In addition to the money-maximizing tips, other best practices when taking online surveys:
- Create an email address just for survey sites. In our experience, many of the survey sites send daily emails – sometimes multiple each day. Signing up for these sites with a separate email will keep your main inbox clean.
- Take breaks. Surveys can be long and tedious. Take frequent breaks to give your eyes a rest and to avoid answering inconsistently, which can get you blocked from a site.
- Install antivirus software. This cautionary step helps ensure that your computer is protected, in case one of the sites directs you to a spammy third-party.
- Under 18 crowd: ask your parents! If you’re under 18, make sure you get permission from your parents to join the site and participate in surveys. Most of the sites that allow minor members require this step anyway, but you should run it by your parents regardless.
What Rewards Can I Earn Doing Surveys?
Obviously, the best thing about completing online surveys is being rewarded, and at Branded, we have several cashout options:
Cash for Taking Surveys Many of our users like to earn cash for their online work, so we offer Branded Pay (bPay) for those who want access to their money fast. It connects directly to your bank account, and funds are deposited once your withdrawal is approved. For users who prefer PayPal, we have that too.
Surveys for Gift Cards If you would rather earn a gift card for taking surveys, you can pick from several options. Our most popular gift card redemptions are prepaid Visas and Amazon gift cards. However, we can also reward you with gift cards from over 100 cool places, including Airbnb, L.L. Bean, Old Navy, and many others.
Non-profit Donations for Taking Surveys If you’re feeling charitable, you can also use your earnings to support non-profits like Habitat for Humanity, the American Cancer Society, RED, and many other worthwhile organizations. We make giving easy.
FAQsCan you really make money with online surveys?
Yes, you can earn money taking surveys because brands are willing to pay to get a glimpse into the minds of their average consumers. Companies can improve their products, services, and marketing strategies using the answers that surveys provide.How much can you earn taking online surveys?
There are many factors that affect your earnings when taking online surveys, like how many you complete, how consistent you are, and your demographic information. Most surveys pay between $0.50 and $3 for 10 to 20 minutes of your time. There are surveys that pay up to $50, but those are rare. If you spend your time wisely, you can potentially earn an extra couple of hundred dollars per year.What online surveys pay the most?
The amount a survey pays directly relates to the amount of time it takes to complete and the demographics the survey targets. Longer surveys tend to pay more, and you can steadily accumulate your earnings as long as you stay consistent. Companies like LifePoints and Pinecone Research claim to offer some of the highest-paying surveys on a variety of topics.Which paid survey sites are legitimate?
Legitimate survey sites are free to join, well-established, and hold a high rating with sites like Trustpilot and the Better Business Bureau. Your best bet is to join trusted sites like Swagbucks, InboxDollars, and Branded Surveys.Are paid surveys worth the time?
You won’t replace a full- or part-time job filling out paid surveys online, but you can earn some extra spending cash in your spare time. Completing surveys can be time-consuming and can pay as few as $3 per hour. Only you can decide whether you could be doing something more profitable with your spare time.
What kind of questions do survey sites ask?You can expect all kinds of questions about common activities or spending habits. When it comes to making decisions, this type of data is important to businesses. They could ask anything that can help a company fine-tune a product or service.
How to make maximum profits by filling online surveys?
By now, you must have understood that online surveys are one of the best ways to convert time into money. Thus, there are many websites on which you can register to start filling online surveys. But despite the endless ocean of opportunities, there are still certain factors that will help you make more money than others from online surveys.
Note that, your time is more important than all the pearls and Diamonds of this world. So be careful to not waste it on useless causes or use it carelessly while doing online surveys.
Here are a few tips that can help you use online surveys to earn money without investment in the highest amount.
Complete the registration details with utmost sincerity
In the light of online surveys, companies will only pay you when they are sure that you are a genuine reviewer with an honest opinion. That is why for your feedback to be valuable and worthy of their money, you need to make an accurate profile on the surveying website. In addition to that, if you are signing up for multiple online survey websites, make sure to customize your profile accordingly.
Do not fill the surveys mindlessly
This is where most people go wrong in online surveys to earn money. This is not any random internet quiz that tells you that what kind of a Disney princess you are. This is a really serious job that requires your attention when you are working on it. Read every question carefully and then fill the answer honestly. Although some surveys can take time and you will be tempted to fill in the details randomly, it would not get you any money if your response does not appear to be genuine and honest.
Quality, not quantity
There were two people who were filling online surveys (Rs.500 per survey job) to make some extra money. Mr. A and Mr. B.
- Mr. A completed 20 surveys in a day but could only earn Rs.2000 from it.
- On the other hand, Mr. B completed just 6 surveys and made Rs. 3000 from it.
Sounds strange, doesn’t it? The idea is very simple. Mr. A was in a hurry to make as much money as he could. That is why he filled all the surveys without giving a second thought to the questions and their answers. As a result, more than half of his responses were rejected and he did not get paid for them. Mr.B on the other side filled only 6 surveys but gave customized answers for each question. All of these were accepted and rewarded.
How much will I get paid to take surveys?
It’s easy to earn cash for surveys. How much you get paid completely depends on the number of surveys you attempt and complete and the amount of time it takes to complete a survey. All online surveys for money have different payouts, with some offering as much as $50. Most will pay less, but also take less time. Expect to earn about 40 to 200 SB points per survey (100 SB = $1), with occasional opportunities with much higher earning potential.
Frequently Asked Questions About Online Surveys
Even with these sites and best practices in mind, you may still have questions about how the process works. Many sites offer FAQs on their websites, and some of the answers vary from site to site. But here are some general insights that may be helpful for prospective survey takers.
Do survey sites offer other ways to earn money besides surveys?
Yes, you can watch videos, surf the web, and even play games to earn cash on many of these sites. Market research companies are generally looking for your opinions and experiences that relate to the brands they work with. So there are opportunities to provide insights that don’t involve a basic survey.
For example, Swagbucks lets you earn money by watching videos and then answering quick polls. MyPoints lets you earn cashback or rewards from retailers when you shop online. And InboxDollars pays you for watching TV ads.
How will I be paid for taking an online survey?
Depending on the site, there are often multiple ways you can be paid for taking online surveys including:
- Gift cards
- Mailed Check
- Charitable donations
- Physical products
- Online game codes
- Points you can use for a variety of perks
Will I be paid after each survey I take?
Most sites have a minimum amount you need to earn to cash out so, if it takes 5 surveys to reach that amount, you’ll need to take 5 surveys before you can get paid. Other sites payout after a certain amount of time or number of surveys or points.
How does a survey site earn money?
Legit survey sites don’t charge their users a fee when signing up. So it’s fair to wonder — what’s in it for them? In most cases, these sites partner with businesses that are looking for insights from consumers that can help them shape their products, services, or marketing. So the businesses pay for the information you provide. The survey site takes their cut and you get a small portion of it.
What do I need to start taking surveys?
Specific requirements vary from company to company. But you don’t generally need anything more than a computer or mobile device and a dedicated email address. Some of the platforms above have device requirements, so check to make sure your tech is approved before wasting your time on the signup process. There are also some opportunities for product testing that may require a physical address or P.O. Box, but these opportunities are usually not required for participation in online surveys.
How can I maximize my earnings on paid survey sites?
Aside from choosing the sites that work best for you, there are a few things you can do to avoid completely wasting your time on online surveys:
- Fill out the initial questionnaire or signup form fully; many survey sites provide more money for people to complete surveys that require respondents from specific demographic groups
- Pay attention while completing surveys; some include questions designed to make sure you’re actually reading and not just selecting random responses, so you’ll be paid less if you’re just going through the motions
- Take surveys during the week; more people are free on the weekends, so you may get more opportunities when others are busy
- Opt for the highest paying surveys first; some sites give you multiple opportunities at once — and if others jump on those high paid surveys first, you might miss out
- Refer friends to your favorite sites; many offer bonus points for referrals
- Sign up for a few different sites; you don’t need to have an account on all of them, but rotating between a few trusted favorites can help you access more survey opportunities
- Sign up for sites that offer free points just for activating a new account; many of the ones above include these incentives, though some only offer temporary promotions
- Follow your favorite survey sites on social media; some post exclusive opportunities that are just for their loyal followers
How long do online surveys take to complete?
This varies between sites and even within each individual platform. Many sites will tell you the approximate length of each survey, and some even let you see your progress as you work. In general, you can expect most surveys to take between 5 and 15 minutes. Often, those that take longer are those that pay a bit more, while shorter surveys may only make you a few cents.
What types of surveys for money can I take?
There are all different types of market research surveys available online. Some may ask you to evaluate potential ad campaigns. Others might ask about your shopping habits. Generally, sites try to match consumers with survey opportunities that are actually relevant to them. Some may also give you a bit of information about each one before you actually sign up and start taking it. So you can usually choose the ones that are of most interest to you.
Are paid survey sites worth my time?
That depends on how much you value your time. Generally, you’re not going to make more than a few dollars per hour for sharing your opinion. So if you’re just looking for ways to make money, online survey sites probably are not the best option. However, if you’re not doing anything else and are just looking for extremely easy ways to earn extra cash or want to get a gift card in the mail every now and then, survey sites may help you kill a bit of time in a semi-productive way.
When to Avoid a Survey Site
Although the sites on our list are trustworthy, you can’t trust every site that claims to pay you to take surveys. Avoid survey sites if they:
🚫 Ask for payment. A legitimate survey site will never ask you to pay to join.
🚫 Ask for private information upfront. You should not be asked to provide your Social Security number unless you’ve earned at least $600.
🚫 Have no history or ratings. Well-established companies are more trustworthy. You can read what real users have to say about them and verify their history of payments and available opportunities.
🚫 Pay too little. Legitimate companies will have some higher-paying opportunities worth completing.
🚫 Have a glitchy or outdated site. Companies that don’t take care of their websites may not take care of their members.
🚫 Make it hard to qualify for surveys. Don’t waste time on a company if it consistently disqualifies you for surveys.
Even if the site seems legitimate, if you’re skeptical about it or it spams you with emails, remove yourself from its list. There are enough quality survey-taking opportunities available that you can avoid ones that annoy you or aren’t a good fit.
We will credit the money you earn in the survey to your member account. You can redeem it hassle-free via PayPal.
Are Paid Surveys Worth It?
Regardless of which paid survey site you use… the earnings can be pretty low and most require you to earn a certain dollar amount or number of points before they’ll pay out.
So consider carefully if it’s worth it to you to potentially make less than the federal minimum wage on your time spent taking surveys. This is also why we recommend taking surveys while commuting on the bus or train or sitting in front of the TV.